As the world becomes more environmentally aware, corporations are under increasing pressure to pledge their environmental sustainability to maintain and bring in new footfall. With growing corporate transparency, customers are looking at all aspects of a brand’s business from logistics to technology, product offerings and more.
Receipting is not exempt from this scrutiny. As an acknowledgement of the transfer of a good or service from one party to another, a written or printed receipt is important for proof of ownership. Traditionally, receipts have been produced on thermal receipt paper which are printed by a direct thermal POS printer however, thermal paper often contains chemicals such as BPA (Bisphenol A) which can be seen as harmful to humans and is unable to be recycled.
With many paper options on the market today including BPA-free papers and recycled receipt paper; Corporations are also looking into other sustainable documentation options that respond to customer’s demands for responsible consumption. With a number of new technologies available, Blue4est® eco-friendly papers are sparking interest within the Retail and Hospitality industries.
What is Blue4est® paper?
Manufactured by the German company Koehler, Blue4est® paper does not use colour former and developer chemicals which are traditionally used to produce thermal papers. Uniquely, the colour reaction of thermal printing is purely a physical reaction of the paper to the heat from a thermal print head on a POS printer. This eco-friendly receipt printing alternative has approval for direct contact with food and can be easily recycled.
· Safe for use around food and humans - Due to no chemical developers the paper is
approved for direct contact with food
· Environmentally aware - Easily recyclable by the consumer
· Longevity – Receipt prints will not fade and has resilience to oil, water etc.
· Everlasting - Provides clear, concise long lasting printing which is long lasting printouts
· Identifiable – Blue receipts are easily identifiable
With endorsement directly from Koehler, Blue4est® paper is certified for use with BIXOLON’s SRP-380 Premium Thermal Receipt Printer.
SRP-380 – Premium, Ultra Reliable 3-inch Direct Thermal Printer
· High reliability of 250 km TPH with its Auto Cutter guaranteed up to 3 million cuts
· Fast speed printing up to 350 mm/sec
· Auto-scaling to 58 mm print
· Standard Interface: USB
· Compatible with all major operating systems including Android™, iOS™(MFi certified)
For more information on BIXOLON’s eco-POS range or Koehler’s Blue4est® paper visit www.Bixolon.com or speak to your local sales representative.