Warehouses are increasingly using radio frequency identification (RFID) to complement or replace traditional barcode-drive processes. RFID tags and labels are applied to items and programmed with identification information. Compared to a barcode, the labels can be scanned and located remotely without having to immediately see the item or its label.
RFID technology provides warehouses with an innovative solution for improving a variety of operational practices from the time something is received until it is on its way out the door.
• Apply labels on incoming materials immediately as they are unloaded
• Easily track of the batch of items between receiving and having them placed in assigned locations
• Reduce the risk of misplacing or losing items
• Instantly generate labels on picked items to expedite the sorting of items
• Enable operators to pick multiple orders simultaneously—reducing empty travel time
• Apply labels at the point of assembly or packaging on demand
• Correctly identify the parts that are hard to identify and likely to be mistaken for one another
Advantages of RFID Technology
RFID technology offers several advantages for warehouse environments, including these top three benefits:
1.Improved Inventory Control: RFID labels can be bulk traced to let business operators know exactly what products or items are in stock as well as full visibility into business operations to help maintain and replenish inventory levels.
2.Real time Inventory Management: RFID labels provide more types of information than traditional barcodes. Leverage real-time data to stay on top of inventory, quickly generate inventory reports, and track product performance without any sort of manual data entry.
3.Reduced Human Errors: Mobile RFID printers eliminate the wasteful walk between the items needing a label and the printing workstation. Save time and reduce the errors with less potential distractions that may arise during the walks to print labels.
BIXOLON’s RFID Printers
Rely on BIXOLON’s stationary and mobile RFID label printers to efficiently print and encode RFID labels at every step of the process.
• Fast print speed of up to 5-ips at 203 dpi
• Gap, black mark media supported with transmissive / reflective sensors
• Standard Color LCD with intuitive icons
• 1.8 m (6 ft.) drop rating and IP54 sealing
• Exceptional power capacity of 6800 mAh (Smart Battery)
• Realtime printer profile manageability - XPM™, XCM™
• 4-inch Industrial Label Printer
• 203, 300, 600 dpi resolution options
• 4.3-inch full-color touch LCD
• Printing speed up to 14 ips (356 mm/sec)
• Multiple interface (Bluetooth, WLAN, Parallel, USB, Ethernet)
• Auto-cutter, peeler, rewinder, rewinder + peeler
• 4-inch Desktop Label Printer
• Bult-in LCD
• Printing speed up to 6 ips (152 mm/sec)
• Various interface (USB, USB Host, Serial, Ethernet, Bluetooth, WLAN)
• Auto-cutter, peeler
For more information on BIXOLON’s RFID labelling solutions, please contact BIXOLON to discuss your printing requirements.